Friday 13 June 2008

Introduction

Dear Friends,
Greetings to all of you. It is great that we are having such an imoportant forum to learn from each other. My name is Monicah Amoding. Iam a Ugandan female aged 27 years from North Eastern part of Uganda, a region that is just recovering from the Lord’s Resistance Amrmy (LRA) conflict but currently working and residing in Kampala the capital city of Uganda.

I am a women’s rights activist consistently working to make a contribution to the women’s movement for gender equality in Uganda and Africa. I hold a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences with a bias in Social Administration and Economics. Currently Iam writing up my thesis for an award of a Masters degree in Gender Studies from Makerere University on a research topic; Youth Particiapation in Peace building: A gender anlysis of the peace building initiatives in Gulu District.

I have experience in Policy Analysis, research, Advocacy and Communications. My main interest is in the area of Conflict and Peacebuilding, Commucations, human rights and gender issues.

Currently, I am working for a women’s parliamentary association (Uganda Women Parliamentary Association- UWOPA) as a Policy and Communications Officer. I am also currently volunteering my time in building up a newly founded Young Women Leaders African Movement (YWLAM)-Uganda Chapter. Through this new initiative; I am working to strengthen the Young Women’s Movement in Uganda.

I am also a founder member of the Centre for Advancement of Gender Equality (CAGE), a newly founded organisation that we are building to promote the ideals of gender equality in Uganda. I am particularly building up a programme that will closely work with young women and men. I have special interest in working and empowering young people.


I look forward to fruitful exchanges with all the YAC team.


Monicah Amoding

No comments: